Friday, June 28, 2013

A Whole Lotta Lentil Love

I never met a legume I didn't like. I'm a hardcore bean fiend, peanut butter nut and garbanzo aficionado. If I was trapped on a deserted island with a boatload of chickpeas, I'd build a hut and call it paradise. ;)
Right behind chickpeas, lentils are #2 on my Legume Love List. Deliciously thick veggie-chunk-filled lentil soup revives me on the deepest darkest winter's day, and lentil burgers send me over the moon anytime.
And since organic red lentils are on sale at Outpost Natural Foods and Saturday June 29th is Vegan Pizza Day, you can bet I'm gonna give one of Richa's crazyamazing pizzas a try!  :)
from VeganRicha

from VeganRicha

from VeganRicha
from VeganRicha

from Katie at Veggie and the Beast

from Maria at Wayfaring Teacher

from Nada at One Arab Vegan

from Susan at FatFree Vegan Kitchen

from EatingWell

from Joanne of Eats Well With Others via Marcus Samuelsson

Or grab your giant pizza bib and head out to one of these vegan-happy pizza joints to celebrate VPD...
Riverwest Co-Op Grocery & Cafe...Friday is Pizza Day!
Ian's Pizza...Ryan says "Both locations (2035 E. North Ave and 146 E. Juneau Ave) will be serving Vegan slices that day and we are always willing to try to make any slice we have in a vegan form." Yay!
Transfer Pizzeria...home of the No-Cheese Bob’s Special.  :)
Classic Slice...all-vegan Super Veg, Mediterranean or The Anne Curry are standard menu items or build your own!

Find Vegan Friendly Pizza Places...
Yelp
Urbanspoon
HappyCow

Have you tried lentil pizza? What's your favorite lentil love?

2 comments:

  1. thats a whole lotta lentils! so glad you like the pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richa!
    Thanks for all your pizza recipes and more...you never cease to amaze me.
    Happy VPD!

    ReplyDelete