Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year and Lucky Lentil Day!

Blogger of the Day: Susan at FatFree Vegan Kitchen

Today's official holiday is New Year's Day...I'm nicknaming it Lucky Lentil Day. Lentils are supposed to bring good luck if you eat them today so here's a wish for luck and a plateful of yum!

I'm a superfan of Susan because she's got an entire category called "Ridiculously Easy" (yay!), she invents recipes for every possible meal and from zillions of different world cuisines and she doesn't like cilantro either.  ;)












Red lentil patties on bagels with greens and nutty carrot pesto...that's today's feast! (Bagels get extra luck points for being ring-shaped!) How are you ringing in the New Year today?  :)

Check out the rest of our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh yum yum yum! That first link with the coconut mint sauce just looks divine!! Ah, who am I kidding...they all look great!! Especially after an indulgent holiday week....I could go for some healthy lentils or any of these ridiculously easy recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love thick lentil soup at this time of year...I can't get enough of it in these freezing temps. Your Red Curry Squash and Lentil Soup is exactly what I want! Hope you're having warm sunny beautiful travels in New Zealand...cheers!

      Delete