Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy National Sticky Bun Day!

Blogger of the Day: Nathan at Vegan Dad
Pubs: The Vegan Dad Cookbook

Sticky buns always make me think of sleeping in on lazy Sunday mornings and waking up to the sweet smell of homemade breakfast happiness. Thanks to Nathan's spectacular sticky bun recipe I can stir up that breakfast bliss with a vegan spin and you can too! Put the dough together before you go to bed Saturday night, sleep in a nice long time Sunday morn, finish off your bun construction and pop them into the oven, then go watch cartoons or play with your animal companions or surf your favorite sites. Timer goes off and you've got yourself a bunful of yum! Just one with your coffee or vegan milk will fill you up for a morning of fun...or some more lazy sleeping if that's how you roll.  ;)

Vegan Dad is a charmer to me because he's astonishingly creative, he fearlessly explores all sorts of cuisines and he's a baking genius...hello Vegan Challah and Easy Vegan Croissants! He reminds me a lot of my dad...exuberantly enthusiastic about cooking delicious food and teaching other people how to do it too!  :)












How do you like to make sticky buns? What's your favorite Sunday morning breakfast? Do you rev up in the early hours or are you a stayinbed sleepyhead? Are you fearless in the kitchen?  ;)

Celebrate some more with our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful sticky treats! Thanks for the links- I'm going to check out this site asap. I've never made sticky buns before. I love to get up early, but don't usually manage anything more than a smoothie,avocado toast or chia pudding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you're eating a healthy breakfast. Give sticky buns a spin when you get a chance...spice them up if you like! :)

      Delete
  2. I’m planning to make some cinnamon rolls this week - testing a recipe for a food blogger! I can’t wait! My favorite Sunday morning breakfast is home fries with breakfast english muffin, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that job...cinnaroll tester! Home fries go with anything, anytime if you ask me. :)

      Delete