Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy National Blueberry Pie Day!

Blogger of the Day: Nicole at veggicakes

Want a mouthful of blueberry yum but not a bumful of calories? Grab your fork and visit veggicakes! Nicole's sweet vegan treats are all 150 calories or less, oil-free and generous enough to satisfy your craving! Cupcake, bar and bread recipes, each with helpful stepbystep photos and nutritional info compared with a commercial version. Today's holiday features one of my favorite foods so I'm grabbing my fork...no, my spoon, because I want every last juicy blueberry bit.  :)











From The Peace Patch Past...Love Ya Some Blueberries

What's your favorite lowcal snack? Which would you choose...blueberry pie or blueberry cheesecake? Who makes your favorite pie and what flavor is it?  :)

Check out the rest of our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

2 comments:

  1. Really!? These are all 150 calories or less? I'm blown away by that...and pretty excited! Heading over there to check out the recipes!

    I just LOVE blueberries. In Canada, I literally can eat like 4 lbs in one day of our fresh, local blueberries. Blueberries are apparently quite new here in New Zealand, and I have only seen teeny tiny containers for a high price so I've held off buying them :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's irrefutably impossible to eat too many blueberries...they're so good for you and really, they're nature's best most brilliant candy. :)
      Your Lemon “Buttermilk” Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce are just hypnotizing me...I think I'd top a couple pancakes off with a little So Delicious ice cream or maybe roll them up, stuffed with Greek yogurt and covered with buckets of that blueberry goodness. :)

      Delete